Splinters, the epic novel by Tony Sheppard
MORE than a ‘thought-provoking, adult thriller fantasy’; it’s an epic saga of true love, murder, retribution and political intrigue.
Rewritten 2012 edition | ISBN 978-0-9568244-0-0
“Put everything on hold… this is a real page turner”
ESTHER. Having buried her virtuous nature beneath a steely determination to succeed, fame and fortune came easily to Esther, the most beautiful girl in the world. But powerful men in far-away places and situations over which she has no control put her life at risk. Esther is not alone, however: a mystical force leads her to her real destiny.
RICKY is a nice guy toughened by the experience of divorce. He meets Esther on a return flight to England having won a World Poker Tour Championship event in Las Vegas. Richer by $2,000,000, he is in celebratory mood and asks her to join him in a glass of champagne. They share a meal, and enjoy each other’s company throughout the remainder of the flight. For the first time since his divorce, Ricky is interested enough in a woman to find out more about her. But, only days after meeting Esther, he wondered what he had got himself in to.
MARGARET soon realised that men’s heads could be more easily turned and their pockets emptied if she presented an attractive front. She bought designer dresses three sizes too small, then lost weight until her figure was sleek enough to fit into them… when her transformation was complete, she planned her next move: It would be on Esther, her sister. Read sample chapters
‘A thought-provoking, yet adult thriller/fantasy, about how human souls effect the lives of the living, after being returned to earth via a bolt of lightning which strikes the great oak tree. Esther, the beautiful heroine, overcomes tragedy and adversity, to reach an unknown destiny. It’s Armageddon, The Ant and The Grasshopper and D H Lawrence all rolled into one, and can be read on at least three different levels. As readers, it leads us to question the hedonistic ‘live now, pay later’ aspects of our lives, and to wonder about how events in Tony Sheppard’s own life have resulted in this compelling book with such true-to-life characters’. Shirley Thompson, writer
- ‘Inventive and original; your style of writing is good’ – Harper Collins
- ‘Interesting and unusual’ – Pan Macmillan
- ‘A strong concept you write well’ – Orion
- ‘You have an engaging writing style’ – Harlequin Mills & Boon
- ‘Stunningly original and thought provoking’ – Fiona Joseph MA
- ‘I thought Splinters has a unique concept with a compelling theme. Well written’ – Sue Browning, copy editor and lecturer Birmingham University.
- ‘Because of the number of strong ideas and a great central concept, I think Splinters could make a cracking Action SF/fantasy film – even two!’ – Terence Newman, commissioned feature film writer: ‘Burke & Hare’ writer: Bremner Bird and Fortune writer and Writer in residence Canal Café Theatre London & etc.